Do's And Dont's Of ATM
Do's & Don'ts of ATM / Debit Card Operation
- Sign on the strip on the back of your card as soon as you receive it.
- Memorize your PIN (Personal Identification number) and destroy all physical evidence of the PIN.
- Always change the PIN as soon as you receive it.
- Register your mobile number with the bank for getting SMS alerts for your ATM transactions.
- If you observe any unauthorized card transactions in the account Immediately inform to the bank.
- Store the ATM-cum-Debit card carefully so that the card does not get damaged.
- Check the area for suspicious-looking people before you approach the ATM. Leave the ATM immediately if you don't feel safe. Moreover, inform the Bank of such activity immediately.
- If you notice anything suspicious or any other problem arises after you have begun an ATM transaction, you may cancel the transaction and leave.
- Cover keypad while entering the PIN.
- Be sure that you have your card and your receipt, after doing the transaction and then leave ATM Centre.
- Once you complete your transaction, before leaving, be sure that ‘Welcome Screen' is displayed in the ATM and it is scrolling.
- Periodically verify the passbook entries to ensure its correctness. Any unauthorized card transaction, if observed, should be reported immediately to the Bank.
- Please ensure that the card is swiped in your presence at POS (Point of Sale).
- Never lend your card to anyone, even to your close relative / friend or even if anyone claims to represent the Bank.
- Do not write your PIN on the Card or back of the Card.
- Never share your PIN with anyone including a family member or Bank personnel or in response to requests through email / FAX etc.
- Never carry your PIN in your wallet, purse or store it on your computer/communication device in the plain text.
- Never let anyone see you input your PIN.
- Never use a PIN that could be guessed easily e.g. Your birthday or telephone number.
- Never leave your card in the ATM.
- Never leave your card unattended, e.g. in the car, in a hotel room, at petrol pump, at work or at any merchant establishments.
- Never attempt to use your Debit card at Merchant establishments that do not possess electronic point-of-sale (POS) swipe terminals.
- Do not scratch the pin mailer. Tear the edge of the envelope turn to open for easy visibility of the pin.
- Do not respond to any E-mail purported to have been sent by the Bank asking for your ATM PIN or other financial credentials. These are called PHISHING attempts. Washim Urban Co-operative Bank never asks any personal details like PIN etc. for any purpose.
- Don't give information regarding your ATM card or PIN over the telephone to anyone. Bank never asks for such information over the telephone.
- • Never enter your PIN in any ATM that does not seem to be genuine or seems modified/has a suspicious device attached/operating in a suspicious manner. Immediately inform the Bank if you find any such suspicious activity.
- Don't display your cash; count the cash, keep it in your pocket safely and leave the ATM.
- Don't disclose your credentials like PIN while taking assistance from anyone or from the security guard when using an ATM.
- Don't use unattended (without Security Guards) ATMs Centres for your Safety.